A little about us:
We are Slumberkins, an e-commerce start-up in the children’s consumer product space. Founded just three years ago, we are a rapidly growing, driven by the desire to provide resources for parents to support their child’s emotional wellness, while creating characters and products children adore. Small but mighty, we are looking to expand our team and product offerings as we expand across multiple pre-school and children’s product categories.
Please apply if you are… a creative, energetic, and a hard-working Product Designer. We are looking for someone to join our team of results-driven and collaborative people. The Product Designer will be responsible for designing strong collections, in both existing and new product categories, that speak to our target market. The Product Designer will partner with internal marketing and design teams and cross functional partners in ideating and developing lines of product from concept design throughout the production process. The candidate will ideally be well versed in market trends for the preschool consumer products and entertainment industries.
- Responsible for up to-date knowledge of products in competitive and emerging categories by conducting market research for trends, design and product ideas both within and outside of our current product categories.
- Responsible for innovating and creating on-brand products through new treatments, construction, technology, etc from concepts to final design.
- Participate in brainstorms to identify product concepts in line with brand strategies.
- Create concept mood boards into cohesive collections for presentation, that will drive sales and speak to our target customer.
- Ability to concept, create, and appropriately apply unique surface designs: print & pattern, illustrations, icons, typography and other creative deliverable through graphic art process.
- Create vector line drawings of products, place surface designs within the line drawings.
- Virtually merchandise products together to create visuals for leadership team to review, keeping within the restraints of e-commerce, and/or concepting new fixtures for potential expansion into retailers.
- Prepare spec pack for sampling of products to clearly communicate design details to our vendors; including production ready artwork, detailed construction call outs, colors, materials, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing initial product materials/factory samples and ensuring product met at factory level. Providing feedback, suggestions for alternate constructions, printing methods, etc.
- Review and improve product at each stage with cross-functional teams by providing insight on vendor quotes, reduce total costs of new product development and improve productivity on existing product.
- Ensure product excellence by working/communicating cross functionally to review product/product changes, concepts, create new artwork, make artistic contribution to new initiatives, manage timing and quality requirements for sampling and shipping.
- Anticipate and identify any potential obstacles in the development process and facilitate the effective resolution of issues by partnering with cross functional teams.
- Responsible for Item attribute verification for production: color, quality, dimensions, trim, samples.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum 2+ years strong product design experience, background in fashion or consumer products.
- Experience in stationery, toy and/or gifting categories is preferred. Experience in textiles is a plus.
- Experience in taking on design projects from concept through to production.
- Experience in soft goods and plush categories .
- Knowledge in creating print designs in Adobe Illustrator.
- Understanding of product development and overseas manufacturing process.
- High degree of technical proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to create 2D vector line drawings of products.
- 3D rendering skills a plus, but not required.
- Artistic drawing skills for surface designs, icons, characters, etc. in digital form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Suite.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of product construction, tech pack creation, pattern repeats & production quality artwork, and product merchandising as it pertains to retail space.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Ability to take and apply feedback.
- High-energy and drive, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with internal and external teams.
- Must possess ability to complete work in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Must have ability to independently plan and organize one’s own activities.
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee discount on products
- Please upload your cover letter, resume, portfolio, applications/programs, and any other information that may be relevant
- You may apply via this platform or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Slumberkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer