CREATIVE DIRECTOR | VANCOUVER, WA
A little about us:
We are Slumberkins, a company supporting children and families with emotional well-being. Founded just four years ago, we are a rapidly growing e-commerce start-up, driven by the desire to provide early emotional resources to families working to raise resilient, caring and confident children. Small but mighty, we are looking to round out our team with a strong creative. This role will report to the VP of Marketing and will work alongside our Director of Marketing and Director of Community Relations to support the core Slumberkins DTC business, as we quickly expand the company outside of product and into multi-media channels.
Please apply if:
You are a creative leader with drive, vision, and an eagerness to get the work done. Brand design is your specialty - digital, social media, traditional, experiential - you know how to tie it all together and own a brand’s aesthetic and own it completely. You can express the unique character, attitude, and behaviors of a brand. As Creative Director, you are the big ideas person, but can be scrappy and resourceful - ready to work hands-on to execute the vision. You have motivation and passion that stands out to those around you and are driven by the ability to inspire with your execution and design abilities. You are nimble and adaptable to change and redirection. You are unique in that you also love copy and love to dream up campaign headlines, Don Draper style.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Concepting compelling big ideas and innovative campaigns with tactics that can span a range of platforms
- Developing both seasonal marketing campaigns that tie into the mission of the company for evergreen content, as well as product specific campaigns that tap into the therapeutic purpose of the product
- Being able to clearly communicate to the executive team the creative vision/concept, how it applies to relevant touchpoints, as well as what is needed to execute and actionable timelines
- Providing clear art / design direction to designers and be ready and willing to execute yourself as needed
- Providing hands-on art direction and design support for campaign executions, social content, and photo/video shoots
- Execute on creative vision along side the team, creating concepts and mood boards, fleshing out the details of campaigns, and jumping in to get the work done
- Directing shoots from start to finish, including, but not limited to: actualizing a selected creative concept with shot lists, model calls and selections, location scouting, prop lists, getting and executing input from all marcom parties, etc
- Responsible for understanding the scope of work for each project and managing within a budget and timeline to actualize the company’s needs and utilize appropriate resources
- Taking the lead on creative contractor relationships, including printers, freelance designers, photographers, writers, etc
- Implementing feedback from both leadership and marketing team into design concepts, leaving ego out of it and working toward the best possible outcome
- Understanding and designing for MarComm touch points including, but not limited to: website design and landing pages, social media creative, advertising, presentations, brochures, fliers, packaging layout, etc
- Minimum 10 years experience in advertising, marketing and/or graphic design for e-commerce brand(s)
- Minimum 3+ year in a Creative Director, Senior Art Director or equivalent
- Portfolio demonstrating integrated campaigns in social media / digital / advertising, etc
- Ideally experience in campaign copywriting
- Program Experience: Advanced in Adobe Suite: specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Ability to work well in an open, fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Can work within a team well and take initiative
- Please upload your cover letter, portfolio, resume, social media handles, proficiency of social media and web applications/programs, and any other information that may be relevant
- Compensation dependent on experience and education
- Full-time, with the flexibility to work some hours remotely
- You may apply via this platform or email us directly at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.