EDUCATOR ONLINE COMMUNITY COORDINATOR
We are Slumberkins, a quickly growing e-commerce start-up seeking an enthusiastic team member to be the lead coordinator for our quickly growing educator community. This role requires an individual with very strong interest and experience in social media group engagement and planning coupled with excellent writing skills. This person will lead the effort on planning as it pertains to the group communication, backed with measurable KPIs. We are a lean, dedicated team looking for a team player who will work well with shifting priorities and is eager to continually learn as the landscape of Facebook and social media shifts, staying abreast to trends within the space. This position will report to the Director of Education and will work closely with the marketing team and customer service team.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in educational curriculum development with direction from the Director of Education.
- Work as a brand liaison to educators, therapists, school counselors, social workers, and school districts using Slumberkins
- Support in data collection and reporting from school districts and online communities
- Support the Slumberkins marketing team in developing content and educational based activities to support parents (i.e. - parent resource guides, activities, etc - see Slumberkins School free resources section on Slumberkins.com for examples of these efforts.)
- Align all curriculum and activities to the Common Core or SEL state-specific standards.
Social Media Educational Community Engagement
- Plan a weekly content roadmap to share with the educational community Facebook Group to lead the conversations around using the products for social-emotional learning.
- Ambitiously setting weekly goals to improve engagement and broadening the community/following through social media.
- High level of communication with the team to ensure messaging is correct and consistent with the general public brand communications.
- Interact with the educational Slumberkins Social group to ensure followers’ questions are answered and all discussions lead to positive outcomes, pulling in the right team members as needed
- Collaborate with and foster community within other Facebook Groups for educators
- Understanding of social media platforms and analytics
- Research how other digital education brands find success with social media, how they respond, what they post to create engagement, etc. Investigate, monitor and provide suggestions on relevant digital trends in online educational communities.
- Daily management of the Slumberkins educational community - from writing copy, overseeing approval of posts, and monitoring community engagement and needs.
- Work closely with marketing, as needed, mapping out the social media and campaign calendars as it pertains to the goals of the marketing/sales/communication efforts, both brand-driving and sales-driving initiatives, and work closely with the team to execute.
- Work closely with the Director of Community Relations to execute high-level marketing strategy, and deliver a cohesive brand experience.
- Build and maintain a monthly content and campaign plan for the Slumberkins Educational Facebook Group that outlines the goals and engagement for the audience; who they are, how we engage them, how we proactively support their needs as segmented into various consumer segments (general educators, special educators, preschool teachers, therapists, school counselors, homeschooling parents, school districts, etc).
- Gather, approve, create, and execute all online group written content with the ability to support on visual content creation when needed.
- Focus on growing the online group community, by partnering with other branded groups and cross promoting on Slumberkins other communication channels - (i.e. Instagram, e-mail, website, etc.)
- TBD: In-Person Community Events Support (Pop Ups, Readings, Speaking Events)
- TBD: Support Slumberkins community initiatives both online and in person
- REQUIRED: 3+ years experience working in early childhood education
- PREFERRED: Experience with social-emotional learning
- PREFERRED: Experience with writing curriculum and lesson plans
- PREFERRED: Experience with current knowledge of industry best practices within both social media platforms and e-commerce businesses - specifically online community groups.
- Must have strong copywriting skills, specifically for social media post content, newsletters, campaign copy, etc.
- Organized with leadership traits to own the group strategy, communication, and execution.
- A self-starter with strength in communication, the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and solve problems under pressure.
- Strong desire to work in a start-up culture, with the ability to pivot direction quickly to keep up with the pace of the company’s growth while keeping a positive, team-first attitude.
- Please upload your cover letter, portfolio, resume, social media handles, proficiency of social media and web applications/programs, and any other information that may be relevant
- Compensation dependent on experience and education
- Full-time, with the flexibility to work some hours remotely
- You may apply via this platform or email us directly at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.