FREELANCE CHILDREN’s BOOK ILLUSTRATOR | 100% REMOTE
Are you a talented illustrator who has a knack for whimsical children’s book illustration?
Slumberkins is looking for talented creatives to collaborate with during the concept and creation for upcoming book projects we have for 2021. These individuals would play a crucial role in the creation of books to promote emotional wellness and to help parents and caregivers raise caring, confident, and resilient children.
We strive to keep the illustration style in our books consistent, however, illustrators have room to bring their own creativity when designing layouts and elements in the stories. Illustrators are able to work closely with our authors to execute the vision of the story on a 2 to 3-month timeline. The illustrators we partner with will work directly with the Product Development team to ensure deadlines are met during the creation process.
Slumberkins offers a collaborative work environment. No matter the role, every Slumberkins team member shares the same mission: empowering parents to raise resilient, caring, and confident children!
- Illustrating a book within a 2 to 3-month deadline, while collaborating with Product team and authors on important illustration elements
- Sketching storyboards, developing story color palettes, and implementing edits during the creation process
- Finalizing digital files for printing (color adjustments as needed, copy placement, etc) for books 8 to 16 spreads long.
Experience & Skills:
- Watercolor or digital watercolor illustration is the preferred style (does not have to be illustrator’s main media of choice, but moderate skillset is required). Please reference our books here, to get insight on the illustration style of our upcoming projects in 2021.
- Illustration (required) Children’s book illustration (preferred)
- Highly proficient illustrating in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) OR capability to convert files from RBG to CMYK
- Ability to deliver files fully formatted with cover art, interior text, placed artwork spreads and bleeds set for printing
- Project based contract position
- Compensation dependent on experience
- Please apply through the form below with your portfolio, social media handles, proficiency of illustration and any other information that may be relevant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.