HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
ABOUT THE ROLE
Slumberkins is looking for a strategic and business-oriented HR leader who is eager to “roll up their sleeves” and drive innovative processes and insights to support the company’s accelerating growth.
The HR Manager will be responsible for all areas of Human Resources for the company including the creation and execution of HR business processes and projects, talent acquisition including recruiting/onboarding/retention, employee development and company culture initiatives.
This role serves as a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to leaders across the organization and must possess a collaborative and proactive work style. The position is based at the company’s headquarters in Vancouver, WA and will report to the CFO.
- Collaborates with leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, payroll, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements a regular employee performance review and evaluation program
- Performs other duties as required.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- You thrive working in a start-up environment. The idea of working for a fast-paced, growing company excites you!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources
- Professional certification in Human Resources such as PHR or SHRM-CP, preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and highly detail oriented
- Proven ability to identify process improvement and implement necessary changes.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational development, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- Please upload your cover letter, portfolio, resume, social media handles, proficiency of social media and web applications/programs, and any other information that may be relevant
- Compensation dependent on experience and education
- Full-time, with the flexibility to work some hours remotely
- You may apply via this platform or email us directly at email@example.com.