ABOUT THE POSITION:
We’re looking for an experienced and motivated product designer. This person will be assisting in product design and development direction, including artwork, color, print design, and line creation. You’ll need to possess outstanding organizational skills, be able to prioritize projects as they come in, and pivot between projects with ease.
This position is based in the Vancouver, WA headquarters and reports to the Product Development Manager.
- Oversee the prototyping and development process - make key decisions about artwork, materials and construction details
- Research and source materials, trims and manufacturers
- Vet possible manufacturing partners and analyze vendor samples for quality and construction methods
- Develop seasonal product designs based on trend analysis and direction from leadership
- Create original artwork and prints that are consistent with the brand identity and strategy
- Assist a small team of designers and ensure deadlines and goals are met
- Communicate with vendors and outside contractors regarding product development-maintain relationships and facilitate processes that make communication clear and consistent
- Create artwork and technical packages on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for organizing physical samples and ensuring up to date cataloging for easy reference during development
- At least 3+ years of combined Design and Product Development experience
- Knowledge of construction and fabrication
- Understanding of traditional manufacturing methods as well as printing and dyeing methods
- Knowledge of soft goods and expertise working on 3-dimensional product
- Ability to pivot quickly between projects
- Excellent at problem-solving and finding creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of best design practices for multiple product categories (soft goods, hard goods, paper goods, etc.)
Slumberkins is a fast-paced startup company that looks for team members to grow with it. Slumberkins offers a collaborative work environment. No matter the role, every Slumberkins team member shares the same mission: To empower parents to raise resilient, caring, and confident children.
Slumberkins is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
- Product Design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Vancouver, WA (Temporarily working remotely due to COVID-19)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19