- Responsible for reviewing initial product materials/factory samples and providing feedback, suggestions for alternate constructions, printing methods, etc.
- Ensure product excellence by working/communicating cross-functionally to review product/product changes, manage timing and quality requirements for sampling and shipping.
- Anticipate and identify any potential obstacles in the development process and facilitate the effective resolution of issues by partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for organizing physical samples and ensuring up to date cataloging for easy reference during development.
- Working with outside contractors throughout the entire project lifecycle to ensure deadlines are met and brand standards are maintained.
- Research and source materials, trims, and manufacturers.
- Assign style numbers, item numbers, and UPC codes for new products.
- Create product labels.
- Review master carton labels, product labels, and hangtags to confirm layouts and contents are correct.
- Liaison between the development team and marketing for marketing sample needs.
- Manage Dropbox drive and create systems to maintain file organization.
- Support leadership in updating project management platforms and calendars.
- Check artwork files for copy edits and layout.
- Revising graphics and copy for packaging and other artwork as needed.
- Requesting timeline and cost estimates from vendors for competitive pricing.
- Tracking vendor shipments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2+ years strong product design and development experience, background in fashion or consumer products.
- Must have the ability to independently plan and organize one’s own activities.
- Experience in packaging/stationery, toy, and/or gifting categories is preferred. Experience in textiles is a plus.
- Experience in taking on design projects from concept through to production.
- Experience in soft goods and plush categories.
- Understanding of product development and overseas manufacturing processes.
- A high degree of technical proficiency in Adobe Suites.
- Ability to create 2D vector line drawings of products.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills.
- High-energy and drive, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as with internal and external teams.
- Must possess the ability to complete work in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Please upload your cover letter, resume and any other information that may be relevant
- Compensation dependent on experience and education
- You may apply via this platform or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.