SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST | VANCOUVER, WA
A little about us:
We are Slumberkins, a company supporting children and families with emotional well-being. Founded just four years ago, we are a rapidly growing e-commerce start-up, driven by the desire to provide early emotional resources to families working to raise resilient, caring and confident children. We are a lean, dedicated team looking for a team player who will work well with shifting priorities and is eager to continually learn as the landscape of social media shifts, staying abreast to trends within the space.
A little about the role:
The Social Media Specialist will work under the Director of Marketing and work closely with the Director of Community Relations as well as the Creative Director to support all social media platforms, including: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and any relevant emerging platforms. We are expanding our social platforms and presence quickly and need a person who LOVES social media, is able to pivot quickly while remaining detail oriented, can take direction and write tailored copy for each platform, understanding creative content and performance.
We are expanding into Influencer Marketing as well and need someone to own that program with oversight from the Director of Community Relations. Understanding how influencers can generate content, how we can tap into audiences with media spend, and how we can establish lasting relationships within referral and affiliate programs is necessary for success in this role.
KPIs will be based on growth of social media channels, engagement, and brand awareness building through influencer marketing.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Daily management of all company’s social platforms (existing and emerging brand/campaign/founder’s unique handles on multiple platforms), from planning content, selecting creative, to writing copy, to scheduling posts, and monitoring performance on each platform
- Work closely with the marketing team to execute high-level marketing strategy, and deliver a cohesive brand experience
- Ability to support visual content creation when needed
- Help maintain a robust multi-platform presence, integrating brand tone, voice and style throughout
- Investigate, monitor and provide suggestions on relevant digital trends
- Assist with reporting on social media performance, directly addressing and working toward KPIs as outlined in the Social Media Strategy
- Focus on building the online community, working with the Marketing team to implement loyalty, ambassador and influencer programs
- Create and execute an influencer program to extend and amplify initiatives
- Liaise, identify, and coordinate with recognizable brand ambassadors and influencers.
- Design and develop integrated marketing strategies across all channels to drive awareness and engagement
- Oversee the development of strategies, proposals, and presentations
- Manage projects on schedule and in synch with digital and content campaigns
- Marketing strategies under this program will include negotiating terms with influencers or brand-to-brand partnerships, coordinating all aspects of the program, and tracking the success of initiatives
- Understanding of current industry best practices for social media platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Pinterest.
- Must have strong copywriting skills, specifically for social media post content, campaign copy, et
- Extremely organized with clear communication skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and solve problems under pressure
- Strong desire to work in a start-up culture, with the ability to pivot direction quickly to keep up with the pace of the company’s growth while keeping a positive, team-first attitude
- Ability to travel, when necessary, with the team to events and/or participate at in-person marketing events
- Full-time position
- Compensation dependent on experience and education
- Please upload your cover letter, portfolio, resume, social media handles, proficiency of social media and web applications/programs, and any other information that may be relevant
- You may apply via this platform or email us directly at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.