Technical Services Manager
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Technical Services Manager to coordinate efforts with staff and vendors to ensure our critical fulfillment systems – NetSuite, Celigo, and Shopify – are optimized to support the needs and growth of the business. You will provide hands on administration of these platforms as the internal expert, capture and coordinate sometimes competing desires for system capabilities into a prioritized plan, and manage external technical experts to deliver system troubleshooting and customization needed to achieve both planned strategic improvements and resolving unplanned issues.
This position is based in the Vancouver, WA headquarters ideally, with remote work acceptable in certain situations. You will have no direct reports but will have considerable peer and vendor coordination, and report to the VP of Operations.
Technology Management and Advocacy
- Ensure essential systems (NetSuite, Celigo, Shopify) are highly reliable, highly efficient, and optimally configured to meet the needs of the business.
- Oversee Managed IT Services Provider, responsible for common administrative IT needs including office software and hardware
- Assist with testing and implementation of other software enhancements/additions as the company grows
- Promote ways more strategic use of technology could improve operational outcomes and strategic goal attainment
- Work with departments across the organization (customer service, finance, marketing, operations, etc) to understand functional needs, desired improvements, and impact of system changes.
- Work with external technology vendors to coordinate needed technical support, integrations, configuration, and custom development that requires outside expertise.
- Define and Document key technology reporting, with clear and regular reporting on technical project roadmap, backlog, pace of implementation, resources need, and estimations of when new systems may be needed
- Maintain and expand actionable reports/measurements for department and leadership review
- Ensure company profitability by operating within departmental budget
- Support other tasks and teams as needed
- Proven success administering ecommerce and ERP systems
- NetSuite and Celigo expertise required, Shopify experience desired
- Proven success with management of a full technical project lifecycle including discovery, stakeholder identification, use case documentation, requirements gathering, execution, testing, and roll out.
- Experience managing external technical consultants
- Agile / Scrum experience or understanding
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Dropbox
- Excellent References
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Self-starter with the ability to ‘make things happen’
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever changing environment
- Strong written and oral communications
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Creative thinking to improve efficiency
Slumberkins is a fast-paced startup company that looks for team members to grow with it. Slumberkins offers a collaborative work environment. No matter the role, every Slumberkins team member shares the same mission: To empower parents to raise resilient, caring, and confident children.
Slumberkins is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression.
Salary range is $90k-$110k commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.