Digital Download Notes:
- Purchase of this item does not contribute toward free shipping on your order.
- We have partnered with Skypilot for secure delivery of all digital download purchases.
- Purchasing this product gives you access to download the printing files.
- No physical items will be shipped to you from Slumberkins. All digital download sales are final and non-refundable.
- There may be a delay in accessing your files until payment is fully processed.
- If you do not receive file access within 24 hours, please contact Customer Service for support. For more information, and to see our FAQ's.
First Grade Favorite
I used this large book and unit plan with my first grade class. Students LOVE Bigfoot and recognize when they are able to reference connections with the coping with hurt feelings, big book. The language, illustrations, and mantra are something that truly impact students and their learning for application. Students often practice different breathing exercises for regulation and look at the book in our calming, comfort corner. They could relate to both receiving unkind comments like Bigfoot and accidentally "wrinkling" other people's hearts and bucket dipping by saying or agreeing with not so kind things at times. They learned how to calm themselves due to either circumstance and reflect on their feelings to make a choice to recognize how they can do better/ be better, or find someone who can help you feel your best. The focus on positive self talk is truly so helpful and impactful in the classroom for any aged learners.
All of the materials are easy to use, take for deeper understanding and application, and worth revisiting again and again.