We are so honored and excited to announce that we will be travelling to Los Angeles, California from our homes in the Pacific Northwest this coming weekend to attend the Self Care Day event sponsored by Hartley, our exclusive Alliance of Moms collaboration Slumber Sloth.
This collaboration is so personal and special to us because of our core beliefs as mothers and educators, aligning so perfectly with the programs provided to these young mothers and fathers that focus on attachment.
With this week leading up to the Self Care Day event, we thought it would be fun to get a little personal and share some facts about ourselves, Callie & Kelly, the creators and owners of Slumberkins.
1) We started Slumberkins while on maternity leave together in the Summer and Fall of 2015 after we had our baby boys, Owen and Aidan. (This picture was taken in Sunriver, Oregon on a maternity retreat we decided to take. We had bins of Slumberkins with us that we were working on hand embroidery with the entire time we were there!)
2) We were inspired to make a lovey that would be completely unique and unlike anything else out there while going on postpartum walks around the Pacific Northwest. (This picture was taken mid-walk where we came up with the ideas for our Sleepytime Rhymes.)
3) Kelly has a dual Masters in Marriage & Family Therapy and School Counseling and currently works as a school counselor.
4) Callie has a Masters in Teaching degree with endorsements in Elementary Education and Special Education.
5) We both still work part-time in Education.
6) Since starting Slumberkins, both of our families have welcomed another baby.
7) Callie lives with her husband Tyson and four children: Logan, Henry, Owen, and Cora.
8) Kelly lives with her husband Colin and they have two children: Aidan and Oliver.
9) Kelly played volleyball for the University of Oregon. (Go Ducks!)
10) Callie played basketball for the University of Hawaii. (Go Bows!)
11) We've been best friends since we were freshman is high school.
12) Kelly lived in and played professional volleyball in Switzerland for 4 years after college. (Callie made sure to go visit as many times as possible.)
13) Kelly speaks 3 languages: English, Spanish, and German.
14) Callie's husband is a former Airborne Army Ranger.
15) Kelly is the poet behind the Sleepytime Rhymes. Callie tends to be a support for story line ideas and looking up rhyming words to help fuel the creative flow.
16) We are both over 6 feet tall.
17) Callie is actually pronounced "Kaylee" - her Dad misspelled her name when writing it on the birth certificate and it just never got changed. (He's a notorious terrible speller and we love him for it.)
18) Our boys Owen & Aidan are best friends and FaceTime at least 1-2 times per day when they aren't together.
19) Kelly was attached to a blanket as a child up until (she'd rather not say).
20) Slumberkins is like our shared child and we can't believe it's gotten to the place that it has. We know we keep saying this, but there SO MUCH more behind the scenes we're working on and we just can't wait to share it with all of you!
Now that we've gotten pretty personal, we are excited to launch into a FREE NAME EMBROIDERY EVENT starting now, with the last chance restock of Hartley through April 30th, 2017, at 10PM, PST. Make your Slumberkin even more personal by adding a custom name, that's hand-stitched on with love.
Stay up to date! Sign up to receive news about coming releases!