MARKETING MANAGER - INNOVATIVE PROJECTS
We are Slumberkins, a quickly growing e-commerce start-up seeking an enthusiastic team member to be the lead marketer for our innovation initiatives and test projects. This individual will lead the effort on strategy, planning, and execution of all marketing and engagement efforts for projects led by the innovation team. We are a lean, dedicated team looking for a team player who works well with shifting priorities and finding creative marketing and executional solutions as new opportunities arise for the company.
This position will report to the SVP of Marketing and will work closely with the Innovation team and consumer products marketing team.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Strategy and Growth
- Develop and execute the marketing strategy and timeline for each project initiative within the innovation department.
- Own the relevant customer segment for each project, gathering and and evaluating data and metrics to track the KPIs for growth of that audience.
- Work with the Social Media Manager and VP of Community to insert projects into the social media and campaign calendars, ensuring that they are aligned with and accounted for in the associated larger company calendars.
- Create all necessary creative assets, copy, and content necessary for marketing and promoting each initiative, collaborating with the internal creative team or contracted resources as needed.
- Interact with and grow social communities to support the exposure and success of innovation projects.
- Work closely with the marketing team on all channels of communication, including but not limited to website, social media, and email marketing
- Plan and execute against a weekly and monthly content and campaign roadmap to share with the relevant audiences for each initiative, coordinating with the general public brand communications as necessary.
- Ambitiously setting weekly, monthly and quarterly goals to improve engagement and broaden the community/following through social media.
- Facilitate and monitor engagement with new audiences and platforms.
- Own the research and outreach to relevant partner brands, organizations, influencers, and individuals for cross promotion and increased exposure for each project.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Marketing management experience, working in emerging markets
- Experience with social-emotional learning
- 3+ years experience working in early childhood education or a related field
- Experience with current knowledge of industry best practices within both social media platforms and e-commerce businesses - specifically online community groups.
- Must have strong copywriting skills, specifically for social media post content, newsletters, campaign copy, etc.
- Organized with leadership traits to own the group strategy, communication, and execution.
- A self-starter with strength in communication, the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and solve problems under pressure.
- Strong desire to work in a start-up culture, with the ability to pivot direction quickly to support the company’s growth with a positive, team-first attitude.
- Please upload your cover letter, portfolio, resume, social media handles, proficiency of social media and web applications/programs, and any other information that may be relevant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary Range: $60k-80k annually depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time, with the flexibility to work some hours remotely